They’re one of the most sought-after items for thieves, here’s what you need to do if yours gets stolen.
Mobile devices have become one of the most sought-after items for thieves, especially when you're on holiday relaxing and not looking out for them. What should you do if your phone gets stolen?
- If you have an app installed that can track your phone, you should use it so that you can give this information to the police.
- Next, go to the nearest police station to open a case and get a case number. Your insurance, banks and any retailers where you have accounts that can be accessed and used fraudulently from your phone will need this.
- Let your bank know immediately that your device has been stolen.
- Call your mobile service provider to block your SIM card so the thieves can't use up your data
- Change ALL your passwords as soon as possible to prevent any further access to your personal information like banking, online shopping apps, email, etc.